DC Magnetic Flux Leakage Inspection of Seamless Tubes for transverse, helical and longitudinal defects on the OD and the ID.
A strong DC magnetic field is applied to the seamless tube. Lines of magnetic flux are contained within a tube without discontinuities. However, a flaw effectively reduces the local cross section, and results in local near-saturation within the tube. Some flux lines escape the tube at such locations. These are picked up by hall sensors arranged optimally.
- MagFlux-RT for Rotating Head Inspection for Longitudinal Defects
- MagFlux-ST for Static Inspection for Transverse Defects Up to 512 channels
- Both types can be integrated within a single system depicted above.
- ID / OD defect indication
- Sensitive sensor arrays
- Separate ID and OD channels
- Up to 512 channels
- User-configurable displays
- Paint markers and encoders
- Automatic setup
- Windows operating system
- Extensive data logging and reporting
- E-mail reports
- TCP/IP servers over ethernet
- Mechanical handling systems with sorting automation
- Demagnetization systems